Cozy Private Rooms (Room3,4)
- Family/child friendly
- Parking available
- Smoking allowed
|Address||Sherbrooke Str, V5W3M6 Vancouver, Canada|
|Property type||Private room|
|Response time||A few hours|
|Calendar updated||A few months ago|
PLEASE read the listing details below carefully as it contains many important information that answers most of your questions.
The house is SAFE, QUITE, CLEAN, COZY, NEAR TO DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER & HAS REALLY POSITIVE ENERGY!
The house LOCATION is simply amazing, CLOSE to the Downtown Vancouver as well as to Richmond & also to the Airport.
The House is just 6 KM (~3.5 miles) a way from DOWN TOWN VANCOUVER. Although its cold & chilly in winter but I bike almost daily to down town Vancouver esp. on dry weather. Its really fun & environmentally friendly!
By public transportation (Bus or Sky train) it takes around 25-35 minutes depends on traffic.
By car max 25 minutes or less... In summer it takes max 25 minutes beautiful bike ride from the house to Downtown Vancouver.
Private big room the best in the suite which is VERY WARM, CLEAN & FULLY FURNISHED
This is a quite & clean 3 Bedrooms Basement suite in a small House that is located in ONE Zone SAFE Area Of Vancouver.
Close to very Frequent Public Transportation Bus #22, #8 direct from Down town to the House(35 minutes max). Bus # 41 & #33 to Canada line & Sky train station.
Your room has QUEEN BED with COMFORTABLE & CLEAN MATTRESS, BED LINENS, ....
TV with DVD, Dresser with Mirror, relaxing black chair, closet with hungers, laptop table with table lamp, Iron board & hair dryer.
The house overall isn't anything FANCY but its CLEAN, QUITE & has a COZY FEEL. So, this is a SIMPLE, COMFORTABLE & PRICE AFFORDABLE accommodation for your SHORT STAY in Vancouver . We provide:
FREE WIFI Wireless Hi Speed & Secured Internet,
FREE TV CABLE in your room.
FREE Washing & Drying once a week for WEEKLY booking. (you have to buy your washing detergent)
FREE & ALWAYS AVAILABLE STREET PARKING in front & near to the House if you have a car...
I TRY MY BEST TO MAKE MY GUESTS HAPPY & COMFORTABLE IN EVERYTHING'S POSSIBLE!
FOR SURE YOU WILL ENJOY STAYING AT MY PLACE!
Let me know if you need any help or advise about your plan visit.... cheers!
* The house is really quite as we don't have kids or close to a noisy traffic.
* The suite has a private entrance so you are free to leave & come back home any time you like & its really SAFE neighborhood.
* If you like to extend your stay on a monthly basis you will get esp. discount.
* In the beginning you will always get help
about shopping, finding places of interest, help to settle down or even free ride to down town.
* It is important to read both the Guest & the Host reviews for complete understanding of any particular situation.
Interaction with Guests
I enjoy very much meeting new people, exploring new culture, sharing new ideas & helping my guests planning their visit to our beautiful city of Vancouver. So, come over I invite you for a cup of tea/coffee & lets have have friendly chat^^
Our Neighborhood is rich in its multiculturalism.
Its mainly divided in 3 ethnic groups. The Chinese, The European (Italian & German) & mixed of other European, Asian & middle eastern.
- Beside the cheap & fresh Chinese Grocery stores on Victoria Dr. and E37th (10 minutes walking distance) you can find
-Western foods in London Drugs Supermarket on Victoria Dr. and E 41st (10 minutes walk).
- The famous German Club House on Victoria Dr. & E33rd. 10-15 minutes walking distance (If you miss Germany or needs info )
- Duffin's just few minutes from the house on Knight & 41st (5 minutes walking distance) Fast Food Day or Night (open 24 hrs) serves a variety of food including hot torta subs, burgers, Chinese food, and of course, those tasty donuts.
- Italian Culture Centre at 3075 Slocan and Grandview HWY
To Down town Vancouver
There are many ways to get to Down town with approximate travel time around 25-40 minutes depends on the traffic.
- Bus # 22 Direct one bus ride. Bus stop at Knight and 37th Ave. (5 minutes from the house)
- Bus # 41 Direction West (UBC) get off at Oakridge mal Canadaline Skytrain ( around 10 minutes ride) then take Skytrain to Downown or to Vancouver International Airport.
- Bus #41 Direction East (Joyce/Collingwood) (around 10 minutes ride) get off at the last stop at Joyce/Collingwood Skytrain station & take Skytrain Direction West Bound Direction to Down town Vancouver (13 minutes skytrain ride)
- Bus # 33 Direction West (UBC) get off at King Edward Canadaline Skytrain (10 minutes bus ride) then take the Canada Line Skytrain to Downtown or to the Vancouver International Airport.
- Bus #33 Direction East (E29th Ave.) get off at the last stop E29th Ave. Skytrain station (10 minutes bus ride) Then take the Skytrain Direction West Bound to Down town Vancouver (around 11 minutes)
- Bus #8 at Fraser Str./E37th Direction North to Downtown Vancouver (around 25-40 minutes)
Other Things to Note
- Queen Elizabeth Park (15 minutes walking distance from the house. (website hidden) it^^
- Metrotown Mall in Burnaby (around 20 minutes bus/skytrain ride) Big mall for EVERYTHING YOU NEED from Clothing, Gifts, All kind of food etc. Bus #41 East Direction Joyce/Collingwood Skytrain (around 10 minutes ride). Then take Skytrain East Bound to Metrotown (around 5 minutes)
FOR GUESTS SAFETY, ONLY GUESTS WHO HAS THE BOOKING ARE ALLOWED IN THE HOUSE!!!
Its Sharing place, so please keep the kitchen & bathroom Clean & Organized!
Its IMPORTANT to let me know your approximate ARRIVAL time so you get the keys in time!
REMEMBER! to come to the back side of the house or back yard for the basement door
DEPOSIT: $250 on arrival day (you get back on your departure day)
* Please, Do not lose your room & basement entrance keys! Otherwise, it cost you $50
Picture ID may be needed it at the Check in Time!
THANK YOU!.....Please read the House Manual in regards to Bed-Bugs!
|Weekly rate for 1 guest||€ 274|
|Monthly rate for 1 guest||€ 770|
|Price for > 1 guests||€ 9 per guest/night extra|
|Check-in After||On arrangement|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
I can only report positive about Lamar and about my stay with him. Lamar is one of the nicest people I got to know and the house was very clean. It is very quiet, so you get a good nights sleep when you're done by the day. The bus connection could not be better, it is within 20 minutes to Downtown and nearby there are plenty of stores that can be reached on foot. For each of the like nice people and learns to his rest in the evening there kan I can only recommend this place. Furthermore Lamar has many useful tips and is an aside if you do not know what to do or how to get out somewhere.
Should I again be in Vancouver I will definitely come again.
Ich kann nur positives über Lamar und über meinen Aufenthalt bei ihm berichten. Lamar ist einer der nettesten Menschen die ich kennen lernen durfte und das Haus war sehr sauber. Es ist sehr ruhig gelegen, daher bekommt man einen guten Schlaf wenn man vom Tag geschafft ist. Die Busanbindung könnte nicht besser sein, man ist binnen 20 Minuten in Downtown und auch in der Nähe gibt es genug Läden die man zu Fuß erreichen kann. Für jeden der gern nette Leute kennen lernt und auf seine Ruhe am Abend besteht kan ich diesen Ort nur empfehlen. Desweiteren hat Lamar viele nützliche Tipps und steht einem zur Seite wenn man nicht weiss was man machen soll oder wie man irgendwo hin kommt.
Sollte ich mal wieder in Vancouver sein werde ich defintiv wieder kommen.
see the other "in need of care and repair" evaluation
I am very sorry not to be able to write a really positive evaluation. Lamar himself is a nice man but the whole house needs very urgently repair and care. My room was in the basement and the whole basement, kitchen, bathroom, tv-room, my and my friend's room were really smelly, musty and damp. Even when you open the cupboards you have to wash the dishes and pots before use because they smell so musty. In the bathroom is mold, the the fittings and the faucet in the tub are not really fastened. Lamar did not clean once in the week I was there. Dust everywhere, in every corner, on the ceilings, junk cardboards standing in the corners, the house outside needs repair, the deck construction almost rotten, one garden chair definitely broken was put to the table again every time I put it aside to prevent accidents.
It could be a nice accomodation with a small garden to sit but Lamar definitely has to furbish up the establishment, especially for that price.
Apart from that typical North American suburban neighborhood, close to the airport and easy to reach for the city. Parking lots in front of the house at the street always available.
Very friendly and helpful host.
Good location (about 7 km to Downtown) and very good bus connections in all directions.
We were 2 male guests from Germany and for about 3 weeks in this Unterkunft.Wir would at any time like to come back, because you simply probably can here feel.
Sehr freundlicher und hilfsbereiter Gastgeber.
Gute Lage(ca.7 km bis nach Downtown) und sehr gute Busanbindungen in sämtliche Richtungen.
Wir waren 2 männliche Gäste aus Deutschland und für etwa 3Wochen in dieser Unterkunft.Wir würden jederzeit gerne wieder kommen,da man sich hier einfach wohl fühl kann.
Friendly host and I enjoyed a nice room and shared the kitchen and nice bathroom with two other guests. The kitchen is somewhat outdated. But the stay was very pleasant wth quiet guest in a quiet location and close to the bus which brings you in 10 minutes downtown.
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption