HOME-FROM-HOME: A tranquil city hideaway
- Family/child friendly
- Disabled access
- Pets allowed
|Address||Bellevue Rd, EH7 4DG Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
|Property type||Private room|
|Response time||A few hours|
|Calendar updated||2 weeks ago|
1. PROFILES: IN THE INTEREST OF SECURITY AND COURTESY, PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE WITH A PHOTO AND PERSONAL DETAILS
2. When you receive your booking confirmation please make a note of the ADDRESS and TELEPHONE number
3. Reduced Rate for 3+ guests of 2+ nights: Please ask when booking
In these past 4 years there have been visitors from East and West:
*China * Singapore * Korea * Taiwan * Sri Lanka * Pakistan * India *Australia * N Zealand
* Norway * Sweden * Italy * Germany * Austria * Belgium * Spain
* Switzerland * France *Netherlands *Ireland * & even England!
* Canada * Chile * Brazil * USA
* Russia * Dubai *Morocco
Locals say it's like a big village. There is much green space in the city, as well as the historical Old and New Towns. Every August the Arts Festivals attract half a million visitors from 'round the world to experience the festivities. Our city has a long history hiding many secrets and stories waiting to be discovered again and again.
The guest room is in my flat, ideal for 1-3 persons, and up to 5 persons if needed - great for families as well as mixed company travellers. The room and accommodation are suitable for wheelchair users and there are no stairs. Oriental rugs scattered throughout on wool fitted carpets ensure a rich and cozy ambiance.
The garden flat is near on the edge of the New Town, close to the very heart of historic, beautiful Edinburgh. It is a 22-minute walk from Waverley train station on Princes St, 30 mins to the Royal Mile and 11 minutes from the closest stop (York Place) on the new Airport Tram. There are also many local bus services nearby. We are in a relaxed setting hidden behind a tall gate 35m from the nearest street, surrounded by 110-sq mtrs of private garden and a terrace with mature trees. A great place to get a view of the city, North Sea, Castle and Firth of Forth and harbour to the north, is atop our local park, Calton Hill, a 20-minute walk
There are 3 single beds (a single and a bunk bed) and two extra mattress which can be placed on the floor next to the beds if required if (Minimal floor space with mattresses in use). Families with children are welcome.
ALL BEDDING AND TOWELS ARE INCLUDED.
* There are a chest of drawers, writing desk, comfortable arm chair, large mirror and closet.
* The room is across the hall from the shared bathroom
* All linens/bedding/towels, wireless broadband, gas central heating 'power-shower', hair dryer, washing machine and drying closet are provided
* Children are welcome. There is a discount for children 5-15, and under 5 years are free.- please ask at time of booking
* Well-behaved pets are welcome
* There is a collection of maps and guides of Edinburgh and Scotland available, please ask
A Continental breakfast is included (Rolls/bread, jam, butter, coffee/tee, maybe fruit and/or muesli). Guests may use the kitchen by arrangement.
• Good bus transport is very near extending throughout Edinburgh including Service 100 from/to Airport. The Airport TRAM is an 11-minute walk.
• Key city centre points are the Olde Town/Royal Mile, Hollyrood Palace, Scottish Parliament, Royal Botanical Gardens, Museum of Scotland, National Gallery of Scotland, Museum of Modern Art, City Arts Centre, Hollyrood Palace & Queen’s Gallery and Waverley Train Station
* Parking: there is free on-street parking a 5-minute walk away or meter parking on the street. I’m delighted to share with you my insights and tips about Edinburgh. I look forward to meeting you soon!
1. Closest is No 36, 150m from door, crossing Princes St, connecting with Airport No 100 and Tram at SHANDWICK PLACE (3 min walk)
2. Leith Walk/London Road- 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 22, 25. 44, 45, 49 (8 minute walk)
3.Broughton St/Bellevue/Inverleith Row past Botanical Gardens - 8
4. Inverleith Row/Canonmills/Botanics- 23, 27 (15 min walk)
*** PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE***
To help you enjoy your stay, please observe the following guide:
• PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ARRIVAL TIME IN ADVANCE. If you are delayed, please telephone. I will wait for your arrival up to one hour past your expected time if I must go out.
• no smoking inside please - garden outside is available, but dispose of butts in bin
• please place shoes in the shoe rack by the door
• please wash up dishes when finished, keep kitchen tidy
• usual common courtesies as house guests & reasonable hours are appreciated
• please keep showers to 10 minutes, 0700- 2300 (7am - 11pm)
|Price for > 1 guests||€ 22 per guest/night extra|
|Maximum Nights||7 nights|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out Before||On arrangement|
The room is very clean and nice and bright David's house is about 20 minutes walk from the old town (Neustad 10min). David was a great host, he is very friendly, mostly stayed in the background and served a good breakfast. Wimdu makes so fun, so 5 stars from me
Das Zimmer ist sehr sauber und schön hell. Davids Haus liegt ca. 20min Fussweg von der Altstadt entfernt (Neustad 10min). David war ein toller Gastgeber, er ist sehr freundlich, hielt sich meist im Hintergrund und servierte ein gutes Frühstück.
So macht Wimdu Spass, deshalb 5 Sterne von mir
DAVID is an excellent, earnest, honest, reliable, open and friendly host. We had a great time in his comfy, clean, bright and cosy room. David was very helpful anytime we needed help. I can truly recommend him!!! He likes kids and kids are welcome in his house.The bus connection is also perfect yet the city is not far away to walk -the surroundings are also comfortable and friendly with kids. It was grand, couldn't have wished it better and safer. It was better than 100 %.
Had a lovely nights stay at David's home from home, which it truly was. We felt very welcome, so much so that i hung my wet clothes out on his line from my mornings swim in Loch Lemond. If your staying in the area - it is well worth the £10 train ticket from Edinburgh to Balloch. I would most certainly stay here again if I'm in the area. If you are looking for somewhere to stay that is cheap and cosy with someone who will most certainly help you find where you need to go….this is the place.
Our stay at David was very pleasant. We felt right at home, David is very easy to handle and gives you lots of information about Edinburgh. He also makes a delicious breakfast. We felt like we were at a friend visiting and have chatted about music, the former carpet trade of David and many more interesting topics. The house of David is one end of the street making it very quiet sleep. Really recommended! Jan & Marieke, Groningen
Ons verblijf bij David was heel prettig. We voelden ons meteen thuis, David is erg gemakkelijk in de omgang en geeft je veel informatie over Edinburgh.
Daarnaast maakt hij een heerlijk ontbijtje. We hadden het idee alsof we bij een vriend op bezoek waren en hebben nog gezellig gekletst over muziek, de voormalige tapijtenhandel van David en nog veel meer interessante onderwerpen.
Het huis van David staat een eind van de straat waardoor het er erg rustig slaapt. Echt aanbevolen!
Jan & Marieke, Groningen
We had a truly wonderful stay at David's lovely home. We were made so welcome on our arrival and everything felt so natural that we felt at home immediately. The room looked beautiful in the late afternoon sunlight and there was a lot of thought put into details like providing useful leaflets and a very handy plan of Lothian Region buses. His place was spotlessly clean, the garden a delight and don't miss David's breakfast, it really is a treat and a lovely little event to wake up to. David not only has a lot to say about Edinburgh if you're stuck for something to do, he is also full of fascinating stories and just a really nice person to be with and talk to. It was like staying with a friend and we would love to come back. Thank you David.
We enjoyed our stay with David, who was our little soins.Toujours ready to help, always concerned that our stay is bien.Super breakfast. Although only 18 minutes from downtown, the journey is on foot. The course is nice, notably with a tesco, pubs, restaurants, grocery store and a clothing design that I recommande.L 'reception by David worth seeing: There is a cozy and warm room, loan cards access to the kitchen and parking, good addresses, advice, his good humor and real empathy for its guests. What happiness!
Nous avons beaucoup apprécié notre séjour chez David qui a été à nos petits soins.Toujours prêt à rendre service, toujours soucieux que notre séjour se passe bien.Super petit déjeuner.
Bien qu'à 18 minutes du centre-ville, le trajet se fait bien à pied. Le parcours est agréable avec, notamment, un tesco , des pubs, restaurants, épicerie et une boutique de création de vêtements que je recommande.L'accueil réservé par David vaut le détour: outre une chambre confortable et bien chauffée,prêt de cartes, l'accès à sa cuisine et son parking, les bonnes adresses,les conseils, sa bonne humeur et sa réelle empathie pour ses invités. Que du bonheur!!!
Lovely man, not too luxurious surroundings, but very warm welcome and stay.
Schat van een man, niet al te luxe omgeving, maar zeer warm welkom en verblijf.
We were greeted very warmly by David during our stay in Edinburgh: we greatly appreciated the quality breakfast, the availability of our host and his open-mindedness! we strongly recommend this to all those of us who are also looking to meet people while traveling ..
Nous avons été accueillis très chaleureusement par David durant notre séjour à Edinburgh: nous avons grandement apprécié la qualité du petit déjeuner, la disponibilité de notre hôte et son ouverture d'esprit!! nous recommandons fortement cette adresse à tous ceux qui comme nous cherchent aussi à rencontrer des personnages pendant leurs voyages ..
David is the perfect host you'll have :-)
He is really a friendly gentleman who will give you support if ever you need!
With his big experience of life he make you sometimes laugh and also more smartly!!!
join him as your host, you'll be never penitent!!!
Our stay in David's house was wonderful! He is a very generous and very nice person! Also we felt so comfortable in his lovely house and the breakfasts were very good too! We recommand David's B&B without any hesitation!
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption